[Numpy-discussion] Schedule for 1.1.1

Jarrod Millman millman@berkeley....
Tue Jul 8 11:58:18 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 9:23 AM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
> So what is the schedule? I have 4 bugs to fix and will get to them this
> weekend. Should we put together a bug action list?

Thanks for getting this conversation going.  I have been meaning to
send an email for some time now.  I would like to get the 1.1.1
release out on 7/31/08, which gives us three weeks.  I want to get
this out soon because I would like to stick to the original plan to
get the 1.2.0 release out on 8/31/2008.  I will send an email about
1.2 out next, so if you want to comment on 1.2 please respond to that
email.

Here is a schedule for 1.1.1:
 - 7/20/08     tag the 1.1.1rc1 release and prepare packages
 - 7/27/08     tag the 1.1.1 release and prepare packages
 - 7/31/08     announce release
Of course, this is assuming that there are no issues with the rc.
This release should include only bug-fixes and possible improved
documentation.  Also, as a reminder, the trunk is for 1.2 development;
so please remember that 1.1.1 will be tagged off the 1.1.x branch:
   svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy/branches/1.1.x    numpy-1.1.x

Please use the NumPy 1.1.1 milestone if you want to create a bug action list:
http://scipy.org/scipy/numpy/milestone/1.1.1

Thanks,

--
Jarrod Millman