[Numpy-discussion] A couple of testing issues

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Jul 9 14:45:32 CDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 14:35, Alan McIntyre <alan.mcintyre@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 3:26 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't think it's worth automating on every run. People can see for
>> themselves if they have any such check_methods() and make the
>> conversion once:
>
> Does this fall into the "how in the world should I have known to do
> that" category?

Doesn't matter. It doesn't work anyways; those arguments are for
matching classes and module-level functions, not TestCase methods.

Fortunately, grep works just as well.

> As long as there's a prominent note in the release
> notes, either containing such suggestions or links to a page that
> does, I don't have any problem just including this in the list of
> things that people should do if they're planning on upgrading to 1.2.

By all means. This should be documented, of course, but one-time
conversion tasks amenable to grep are not worth checking for on every
run.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."