[Numpy-discussion] A correction to numpy trapz function

Nadav Horesh nadavh@visionsense....
Sat Jul 12 13:34:04 CDT 2008

Here is what I get with the orriginal trapz function:

IDLE 1.2.2
>>> import numpy as np
>>> np.__version__
'1.1.0'
>>> y = np.arange(24).reshape(6,4)
>>> x = np.arange(6)
>>> np.trapz(y, x, axis=0)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#4>", line 1, in <module>
    np.trapz(y, x, axis=0)
  File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\numpy\lib\function_base.py", line 1536, in trapz
    return add.reduce(d * (y[slice1]+y[slice2])/2.0,axis)
ValueError: shape mismatch: objects cannot be broadcast to a single shape

   Nadav.