[Numpy-discussion] How to handle a busted API?

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Sun Jul 13 01:53:46 CDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 01:49, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 12:02 AM, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Compile-time warnings will be ignored if they aren't errors that stop
>> the build. Run-time DeprecationWarnings are feasible:
>>
>>  http://docs.python.org/dev/c-api/exceptions.html#PyErr_WarnEx
>
> OK, will do. The same user wants to fix up fftpack_lite. This should
> actually be pretty easy, just replace all ints by longs in fftpack and
> fftpack_lite. Or maybe we should use one of the python.h types. As far as I
> know, these functions are only exposed through the python interface.

Py_ssize_t and Py_size_t are probably the most appropriate, in this
case. long is not always the same size as a pointer address.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco