[Numpy-discussion] Doc on dtypes

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon Jul 14 17:53:41 CDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 17:06, Pierre GM <pgmdevlist@gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
> Anybody could point me to some docs on dtypes ? Michael Droettboom's recent
> question made me realize that things were far more complex than I thought.
> For example, how can I find the shape and type of a field (without using
> dtype.descr).

dtype.fields is a dict-like object containing the same information,
but accessible by field name.

Chapter 7 of _The Guide to Numpy_ has more content, and the equivalent
will be wending its way into the numpy documentation marathon sooner
or later, but with the insight about dtype.fields, I think you can get
pretty far on your own. If you have any other specific questions, feel
free to ask.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."