[Numpy-discussion] Buildbot failures since r5443

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Thu Jul 17 03:51:55 CDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 03:19, Pauli Virtanen <pav@iki.fi> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since r5443 the Sparc buildbots show a "Bus error" in the test phase:
>
>        http://buildbot.scipy.org/builders/Linux_SPARC_64_Debian/
> builds/102/steps/shell_2/logs/stdio
>
> while the one on FreeBSD-64 passes.

In the test that's failing (test_filled_w_flexible_dtype), a
structured array with a dtype of [('i',int), ('s','|S3'), ('f',float)]
is created. I'm guessing that the final C double in that record is not
getting aligned properly. On that architecture, I'm willing to bet
that doubles need to be aligned on a 4-byte or 8-byte boundary. Can
someone on that architecture try this for me?

In [4]: from numpy import dtype

In [5]: dtype([('i',int), ('s','|S3'), ('f',float)]).fields.items()
Out[5]:
[('i', (dtype('int32'), 0)),
 ('s', (dtype('|S3'), 4)),
 ('f', (dtype('float64'), 7))]