[Numpy-discussion] Masked arrays and pickle/unpickle

Anthony Floyd anthony.floyd@convergent...
Thu Jul 17 15:47:33 CDT 2008

> Further, could we rename numpy.ma.core to numpy.ma._core?  I think we
> should make it clear that users should not import from core directly.

Just to add a bit of noise here, it's not that we were importing
directly from .core, it's that pickle was telling us that the actual
class associated with the masked array was numpy.ma.core.MaskedArray
(erm, well, numpy.core.ma.MaskedArray in the older version).

Changing the location *again* will break it again, in the exact same
way.