[Numpy-discussion] f2py - how to use .pyf files?

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Jul 18 19:04:19 CDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 4:47 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:

> For publicly distributed packages, it does go against the grain. Never
> hard-code the compiler! Use a setup.cfg file, instead.

Quite all right.  But this was for in-house code where a group has
agreed to all use the same compiler.  It's basically a matter of
wanting

./setup.py install

to work without further flags.  More generically, the way that
f2py_options work is kind of confusing, since it doesn't just pass
options to f2py :)

In any case, I'm very grateful for all your help, but I get the sense
that all of this distutils/f2py stuff would greatly benefit from
clearer documentation.  I imagine the doc team is already working on
a pretty full plate, but if anyone tackles this particular issue,
they'd be making a very useful contribution.

Cheers,