[Numpy-discussion] Branch cuts, inf, nan, C99 compliance

Sat Jul 19 13:29:45 CDT 2008

Pauli Virtanen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Re: Ticket 854.
>
> I wrote tests for the branch cuts for all complex arc* functions
> in umathmodule. It turns out that all except arccosh were OK.
> The formula for arcsinh was written in a non-standard form with
> an unnecessary nc_neg, but this didn't affect the results.
> I also wrote tests for checking values of the functions at infs and nans.

Thanks for looking into these.   These functions were contributed by
Konrad Hinsen (IIRC) many years ago and I don't think they've really
been reviewed since then.

I'm all for using C99 when it is available and improving these functions
with help from cmathmodule.  IIRC, the cmathmodule was contributed by
Konrad originally also.

So +1 on C99 standardization.

-Travis