[Numpy-discussion] Testing: Failed examples don't raise errors on buildbot.

Alan McIntyre alan.mcintyre@gmail....
Sun Jul 20 20:17:04 CDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 7:10 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not raising errors seems ok for examples, but some of the unit tests are
> also implemented as doctests and the failures are hidden in the logs. I'm
> not sure what to do about this, but thought it worth pointing out. Also, it
> would be nice if skipped tests didn't generate large bits of printout, it
> makes it hard to find relevant failures.

Yeah I was just looking at that; right off the top of my head I don't
know why that doctest failure wouldn't bubble all the way up to become
a unit test failure.  Personally, I'm not a big fan of having a test
like that in a docstring and then trying to run it as a unit test, but
I'll see if I can fix it. :)

The skipped test verbosity is annoying; I'll see if there's a way to
make that a bit cleaner-looking for some low verbosity level.