[Numpy-discussion] Testing: Failed examples don't raise errors on buildbot.

Alan McIntyre alan.mcintyre@gmail....
Sun Jul 20 22:19:57 CDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 11:17 PM, Gael Varoquaux
<gael.varoquaux@normalesup.org> wrote:
> There might be a case to move to 10.3, considering the large amount of
> bug fixes, but in general I think it is a bad idea to require leading
> edge packages. The reason being that you would like people to be able to
> rely on packaged version of the different tools to build an test a
> package. By packaged versions, I mean versions in the repositories of the
> main linux distributions, and macport and fink. Each time we require
> something outside a repository, we loose testers.

Fair enough; does anybody have any idea which version of nose is
generally available from distributions like the ones you mentioned?