[Numpy-discussion] Testing: Failed examples don't raise errors on buildbot.

Sun Jul 20 22:34:01 CDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 11:19:57PM -0400, Alan McIntyre wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 11:17 PM, Gael Varoquaux
> <gael.varoquaux@normalesup.org> wrote:
> > There might be a case to move to 10.3, considering the large amount of
> > bug fixes, but in general I think it is a bad idea to require leading
> > edge packages. The reason being that you would like people to be able to
> > rely on packaged version of the different tools to build an test a
> > package. By packaged versions, I mean versions in the repositories of the
> > main linux distributions, and macport and fink. Each time we require
> > something outside a repository, we loose testers.

> Fair enough; does anybody have any idea which version of nose is
> generally available from distributions like the ones you mentioned?

Ubuntu hardy (current): 10.0 (http://packages.ubuntu.com)
Ubuntu intrepid (next): 10.3 (http://packages.ubuntu.com)
Debian unstable:	10.3 (http://packages.dbian.com)
Fedora 8:		10.0 (https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/)

For the rest I can't figure out how to get the information. I suspect we
can standardise on things around six month old. Debian unstable tracks
closely upstream, Ubuntu and Fedora have a release cycle of 6 months, I
don't know about SUSE, but I think it is similar, and macports, fink, or
Gentoo trac closely upstream.

Gaël