[Numpy-discussion] Reference guide updated

Pierre GM pgmdevlist@gmail....
Tue Jul 22 17:43:02 CDT 2008

On Tuesday 22 July 2008 18:25:23 Neil Crighton wrote:
> > A new copy of the reference guide is now available at
> > http://mentat.za.net/numpy/refguide/
>
> It there a reason why there's so much vertical space between all of the
> text sections?  I find the docstrings much easier to read in the editor:

Roughly:
* In the editor, you have one function per page, vs several function per page
in the reference
* in the editor, the blocks 'Parameters', 'Returns'... are considered as
sections, while in the reference, they are Field lists (roughly).

In the end, it's only a matter of taste, of course. But you raise an
interesting point, we should provide some kind of options to choose between
behaviors.

Please note as well that the reference guide is a work in progress: you're
more than welcome to join and work with us.