[Numpy-discussion] Instructions on building from source

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Jul 23 18:10:30 CDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 3:02 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 16:56, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:

>> (which can be a useful guide on other distros).  Should we have a
>> stripped-down copy of this doc somewhere in the top-level directory of
>> numpy?
>
> Yes.
>
>> It's also disconcerting for a new user that there's no visible
>> documentation directory at the top, perhaps listing the existence of
>> numpy/doc in the readme could help.
>
> Yes. I'm not sure why they're in numpy/doc/ to begin with.

OK, thanks for the feedback.  I'm not about to touch doc stuff when
the core team is deep in the middle of the doc marathon, but this may
provide them useful guidance to clean things up a bit.

cheers,