[Numpy-discussion] import numpy fails with multiarray.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS2_FromUnicode

G jones_gl@caltech....
Thu Jul 24 02:49:24 CDT 2008

Robert Kern <robert.kern <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Are you sure you are getting the same python executable when running
> the setup.py as you are when you build numpy?

I believe so:
sudo which python
/usr/local/bin/python

which python
/usr/local/bin/python

which ipython
/usr/local/bin/ipython

head /usr/local/bin/ipython
#!/usr/local/bin/python

I managed to get numpy 1.1.0 to compile and work correctly, so perhaps I somehow
have files left around in the svn directory from building with another version
of python. I will have to try the svn version again later.

Thanks for the suggestion,