[Numpy-discussion] Volunteers for future windows binaries packaging

Sat Jul 26 04:07:04 CDT 2008

Hi there,

    I would like to call for a volunteer to maintain future releases of
win32 binaries of numpy and scipy (after 1.2/1.1.1 and after scipy 0.7).
Because I am leading toward the end of my PhD, I will have less time for
numpy and other open source stuff, and windows related things are not
the parts I enjoyed the most to say the least. So I would prefer someone
to take up the job if possible.
    I spent some time cleaning my build scripts which automate most of
the tasks (Building blas/lapack/atlas from scratch on cygwin, building
the nsis installer from the numpy/scipy trunk), so it is not like there
would be a lot of work. It would be mostly maintenance, making sure it
works on the different versions we want to support, etc...

thanks,

David