[Numpy-discussion] FFT usage / consistency

Felix Richter felix@physik3.uni-rostock...
Tue Jul 29 09:56:08 CDT 2008

> I quickly copy-pasted and ran your code; it looks to me like the results
> you calculated analytically oscillate too fast to be represented
> discretely.  Did you try to transform different, simpler signals?  (e.g. a
> Gaussian?)
Yes, I run into the same problem.

Since the oscillation frequency is given by the point around which the
function is centered, it would be good to have it centered around zero.
The FFT assumes the x axis to be [0..n], so how should I do this?
The functions I have to transform later won't be symmetrical, so the trick
abs(fftdata) is not possible.

Felix