[Numpy-discussion] Numpy 1.1.0 (+ PIL 1.1.6) crashes on large datasets

Christoph Rackwitz christoph.rackwitz@rwth-aachen...
Tue Jul 29 14:20:25 CDT 2008

Hi,

I've managed to crash numpy+PIL when feeding it rather large images.
Please see the URL for a test image, script, and gdb stack trace. This
crashes on my box (Windows XP SP3) as well as on a linux box (the gdb
trace I've been provided with) and a Mac. Windows reports the crash to
happen in "multiarray.pyd"; the stack trace mentions the equivalent
file.
Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix this. Can I help somehow?

-- Chris

[1] http://cracki.ath.cx:10081/pub/numpy-pil-crash/