[Numpy-discussion] Core dump during numpy.test()

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Tue Jul 29 14:38:18 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 14:16, James Turner <jturner@gemini.edu> wrote:
> I have built NumPy 1.1.0 on RedHat Enterprise 3 (Linux 2.4.21
> with gcc 3.2.3 and glibc 2.3.2) and Python 2.5.1. When I run
> numpy.test() I get a core dump, as follows. I haven't noticed
> any special errors during the build. Should I post the entire
> terminal output from "python setup.py install"? Maybe as an
> attachment? Let me know if I can provide any more info.

Can you do

  numpy.test(verbosity=2)

? That will print out the name of the test before running it, so we
will know exactly which test caused the core dump.

A gdb backtrace would also help.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."