[Numpy-discussion] Core dump during numpy.test()

James Turner jturner@gemini....
Tue Jul 29 15:16:38 CDT 2008

> Are you using ATLAS? If so, where did you get it and what cpu do you have?

Yes. I have Atlas 3.8.2. I think I got it from
http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net. I also included Lapack 3.1.1
from Netlib when building it from source. This worked on another
machine.

According to /proc/cpuinfo, I have a quad-processor (or core?)
Intel Xeon. It is running the Linux 2.4 kernel (I needed to build
a load of software including NumPy with an older glibc so it will
run on older client machines). Maybe I shouldn't use ATLAS for a
server installation, since it won't be tuned well? We're trying
to keep things uniform across our sites though.

Thanks!

James.