[Numpy-discussion] Core dump during numpy.test()

Mathew Yeates myeates@jpl.nasa....
Tue Jul 29 17:41:52 CDT 2008

Charles R Harris wrote:

> This smells like an ATLAS problem.
I don't think so. I crash in a call to dsyevd which part of lapack but
not atlas. Also, when I commented out the call to test_eigh_build I get
zillions of errors like (look at the second one, warnings wasn't imported?)
ERROR: check_single (numpy.linalg.tests.test_linalg.TestSVD)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/home/ossetest/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/linalg/tests/test_linalg.py",
line 30, in check_single
    self.do(a, b)
  File
"/home/ossetest/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/linalg/tests/test_linalg.py",
line 100, in do
    u, s, vt = linalg.svd(a, 0)
  File
"/home/ossetest/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/linalg/linalg.py",
line 980, in svd
    s = s.astype(_realType(result_t))
ValueError: On entry to DLASD0 parameter number 9 had an illegal value

ERROR: Tests polyfit
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/home/ossetest/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/ma/tests/test_extras.py",
line 365, in test_polyfit
    assert_almost_equal(polyfit(x,y,3),numpy.polyfit(x,y,3))
  File "/home/ossetest/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/ma/extras.py",
line 882, in polyfit
    warnings.warn("Polyfit may be poorly conditioned", np.RankWarning)
NameError: global name 'warnings' is not defined