[Numpy-discussion] "import numpy" is slow

Alan McIntyre alan.mcintyre@gmail....
Thu Jul 31 09:21:15 CDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 2:12 AM, Andrew Dalke <dalke@dalkescientific.com> wrote:
> Hmm. And it looks like testing/nosetester.py (which implements the
> 'test' function above) is meant to make it easier to run nose, except
> my feeling is the extra level of wrapping makes things more
> complicated.  The nosetest command-line appears to be more flexible,
> with support for, for examples, dropping into the debugger on errors,
> and reseting the coverage test files.

You can actually pass those sorts of options to nose through the
extra_argv parameter in test(). That might be a little cumbersome, but
(as far as I know) it's something I'm going to do so infrequently it's
not a big deal.