[Numpy-discussion] "import numpy" is slow

Thu Jul 31 09:05:33 CDT 2008

Gael Varoquaux wrote:

> That's why distutils have a test target. You can do "python setup.py
> test", and if you have setup you setup.py properly it should work
> (obviously it is easy to make this statement, and harder to get the thing
> working).

I have already seen some discussion about distutils like this, if you
mean something like this:

http://blog.ianbicking.org/pythons-makefile.html

but I would take with rake and make over this anytime. I just don't
understand why something like rake does not exist in python, but well,
let's not go there.

David