[Numpy-discussion] Installation info

Hanni Ali hanni.ali@gmail....
Mon Jun 2 04:30:59 CDT 2008

  Hi David,

> I can't build official binaries with VS: I don't have VS. Also, there is
> the problem of building the fortran dependencies (BLAS/LAPACK). I don't
> know if it is even possible to build ATLAS on windows x64. Even assuming
> we only use netlib BLAS/LAPACK, I still need a fortran compiler (gfortran).

Yes I had used the internal versions in the mean time, but I do want to try
to use the intel fortran compiler in all likelyhood.

Python 2.6 is compiled with vs 2008 is is important that numpy is also
compiled with the same compiler or not. The fact that a fortran compiler is
necessary makes me think no?

> > however it had failed one of the regression tests. I will try
> > numpy-1.1.0, has anyone used vs 2008 to compile it for 64 bit windows?

It looks like I'm going to look at 2.6 now due to dependencies on pywin32 as
well.

Also is it important that BLAS/LAPACK are compiled with the same compiler as
python or not? (Obviously just the C++ parts)

Thanks,

Hanni