[Numpy-discussion] embedded arrays

Thomas Hrabe thrabe@burnham....
Fri Jun 6 17:25:44 CDT 2008

Furthermore, I sometimes get a
Segmentation fault
Illegal instruction

and sometimes it works

It might be a memory leak, due to the segfault and the arbitrary behavior.?

Best

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: numpy-discussion-bounces@scipy.org im Auftrag von Thomas Hrabe
Gesendet: Fr 06.06.2008 15:10
An: numpy-discussion@scipy.org
Betreff: [Numpy-discussion] embedded arrays

Hi all,

while writing a extension module in C++ for python & numpy, I find a strange error.

I can send and retrieve numpy arrays to and from my module.
But python stops if I do the following:

a = numpy.array([[1.1,2,3],[4,5,6]])
PM.put(a,'a')   //send a to the module
b = PM.get('a') //get a identical copy from the module
print b
array([[ 1.1,  2. ,  3. ],

b.__class__
Out[36]: <type 'numpy.ndarray'>

perfect, until
a == b

the interpreter does not continue from here...
I can add values to to b, everything, but a == b simply crashes ...?

Does anybody have a clue for this problem?

Have a nice weekend,
Thomas