[Numpy-discussion] Switching to nose test framework (was: NumpyTest problem)

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Mon Jun 9 02:41:01 CDT 2008

2008/6/8 Alan McIntyre <alan.mcintyre@gmail.com>:
> Right now there's "if __name__ == '__main__'" boilerplate at the end
> of every test module; nose can find and run tests without that being
> there.  I wanted to get the list's take on removing that--it just
> means that if you want to run the tests in one module, you have to do
> "nosetests numpy/blah/test_foo.py" instead of "python
> numpy/blah/test_foo.py".  Is there a reason not to remove that
> boilerplate since we've already decided to use nose?

The less boilerplate code required the better.  So I'm +1.

>> * Running the whole test suite with import numpy; numpy.test() works fine, but
>> I don't really need to test the rest of numpy when I'm messing with
>> numpy.ma...
>
> I will be including a "test" method in as many subpackages as
> possible, so that you can do numpy.ma.test() and such.

This sounds great, thanks for your efforts!

I suggest we also remove ParametricTestCase now.

Cheers
Stéfan