[Numpy-discussion] nose changes checked in

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Jun 18 15:15:32 CDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 13:42, Alan McIntyre <alan.mcintyre@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 12:05 PM, Stéfan van der Walt <stefan@sun.ac.za> wrote:
>> a) Warn that Nose is becoming a dependency (next release).
>
> Is "next release" referring to 1.2 or the release after that?  If it's
> the release after 1.2, then I assume that 1.2 must still be able to
> run all its tests without nose.

We've been already been making that warning for some time now, in the
proper venues. warning.warn() is good for DeprecationWarnings, but not
this. We are good to go for nose being used in 1.2.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco