[Numpy-discussion] Adding a version system to the deprecation functions in numpy/lib/utils ?

Fri Jun 20 01:29:20 CDT 2008

Hi,

    I was thinking about adding a versioning into the deprecation
related functions. E.g., you could say that one function is deprecated
in version 1.2, but adding a in_version in deprecate. Does anyone have
strong feeling against it ? It should be a transparant change. I would
also like to add a deprecation function to handle arguments and default
values, but this will be more work, obviously.

cheers,

David