[Numpy-discussion] Adding a version system to the deprecation functions in numpy/lib/utils ?

Fri Jun 20 02:15:38 CDT 2008

Robert Kern wrote:

> I don't see a reason to wrap it in a decorator. It saves no significant effort.

If the warning is spit out in any case (whether the user uses the
default value or not), and if we don't need versioning, I understand it
is not that useful.

I guess my concern is what do we do with deprecated functions: do we
keep them, for how long ? There are some deprecate in current numpy
which dates back to the pre 1.0 release. Maybe that's not really important.

> It should not be happening regularly in the future.

Ok.

David