[Numpy-discussion] Specifying a fortran compiler on numpy build.

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Fri Jun 20 16:38:16 CDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 16:27, Adam Mercer <ramercer@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> If I specify a fortran compiler when building numpy, does that have
> any effect on what is installed? In other words, must I build numpy
> against a fortran compiler in order to successfully build and use
> extension written in fortran - such as scipy?

No. It just affects the Fortran compiler (if any) used to build numpy.
The only place this might affect you is if you use a LAPACK or BLAS
that needs to be linked with a Fortran compiler. Generally, you don't
have to specify anything.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."