[Numpy-discussion] Test framework changes

Alan McIntyre alan.mcintyre@gmail....
Fri Jun 20 17:04:09 CDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 5:35 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:
> So NoseTester.run() basically just calls nose.run(). That basically
> just instantiates nose.core.TestProgram and returns the .success
> attribute of it. Unfortunately, the TextTestResults object (a nose
> subclass of unittest._TextTestResults) gets created and discarded
> inside the nose.core.TestProgram.runTests() method. However, if you
> were to subclass it and override that method to store the
> TextTestResults to an attribute, you could return it from
> NoseTester.run().

Yep. I was hoping there was some built-in way to get to the details of
the results via the nose API, but that doesn't appear to be something
the nose developers considered. I'll probably go ahead and do as you
suggested instead of making a temporary class to hold the result.