[Numpy-discussion] On my Cython/NumPy project

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sat Jun 21 14:02:35 CDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 11:50 PM, Dag Sverre Seljebotn
<dagss@student.matnat.uio.no> wrote:
> Since there's been a lot of Cython discussion lately I thought I'd speak
> up and start a thread specifically for my project.

Thanks for coming over for the discussion!

> The code above the under the hood acquires a buffer and uses it for
> efficient access. arr[5], arr[5,6,7], arr[2:4,...] and in general anything
> but two simple indices will be passed to Python, while arr[i, j] will be
> passed to the buffer.

Just so I understand correctly: do you mean that in general only 2
indices are supported 'natively', or that for an n-dim array, only
*exactly n* indices are supported natively and other approaches are
delegated to pure python?

Cheers,