[Numpy-discussion] On my Cython/NumPy project

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Sat Jun 21 15:09:21 CDT 2008

Hi Dag

2008/6/21 Dag Sverre Seljebotn <dagss@student.matnat.uio.no>:
> However, I could make it so that if you left out the type, it would be
> auto-detected. I.e.:
>
> cdef np.ndarray[2] arr = ...
> cdef np.float64 x = arr[3,4]

Would it not be possible for Cython to make the necessary C-API calls
to query the dimensions and type of the ndarray?  I don't really know
the full background here, so sorry if my comment is completely
off-base.

Eventually, I'd love for the Cython code to look very similar to
Python code.  Even if that is not technically feasible at the moment,
it should be the eventual target to have as little "markup" as
possible.

Regards
Stéfan