[Numpy-discussion] On my Cython/NumPy project

Matthew Brett matthew.brett@gmail....
Sat Jun 21 16:25:19 CDT 2008

Hi,

> Well... the Cython compiler definitely needs to know about which type it
> is -- the array simply has a byte buffer, and one needs to know how to
> interpret that (how many bytes per element etc.).

It may be not practical, and, as I say, I haven't thought deeply
enough about this to offer this as anything but a silly question, but
would it not be possible to output C code switch statements that would
deal with (some of) the possible types np.array could contain?

Best,

Matthew