[Numpy-discussion] Code samples in docstrings mistaken as doctests

Alan McIntyre alan.mcintyre@gmail....
Mon Jun 23 13:17:09 CDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 2:02 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> There's also the option of marking them so doctest skips them via
>
> #doctest: +SKIP
>
> http://docs.python.org/lib/doctest-options.html

For short examples, that seems like a good option, but it seems like
you have to have that comment on every line that you want skipped.
There are some long examples (like the one in
lib/function_base.py:bartlett) that (to me) would look pretty ugly
having that comment tacked on to every line.

Either way is fine with me in the end, though, so long as it doesn't
produce test failures. :)