[Numpy-discussion] Code samples in docstrings mistaken as doctests

Alan McIntyre alan.mcintyre@gmail....
Mon Jun 23 14:03:24 CDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 2:37 PM, Pauli Virtanen <pav@iki.fi> wrote:
> Can you make the convention chosen for the examples (currently only in
> the doc wiki, not yet in SVN) to work: assuming "import numpy as np" in
> examples?
>
> This would remove the need for those "from numpy import *" lines in the
> examples that I see were added in r5311.

Sure, I'll look at that.  It seems like every possible option for
importing stuff from numpy is used in doctests (sometimes even in the
same module), so having them standardized with that implicit import is
much better.