[Numpy-discussion] Code samples in docstrings mistaken as doctests

Michael Abshoff michael.abshoff@googlemail....
Mon Jun 23 19:26:26 CDT 2008

Fernando Perez wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Michael Abshoff
> <michael.abshoff@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hi Fernando,

>>> a) Random variables
>> we have some small extensions to the doctesting framework that allow us
>> to mark doctests as "#random" so that the result it not checked. Carl
>> Witty wrote some code that makes the random number generator in a lot of
>> the Sage components behave consistently on all supported platforms.
>
> Care to share? (BSD, we can't even look at the Sage code).

I am not the author, so I need to find out who wrote the code, but I am
sure it can be made BSD. We are also working on "doctest+timeit" to hunt
for performance regressions, but that one is not ready for prime time yet.

> Cheers,

Cheers,

Michael