[Numpy-discussion] nosetester.py can't use decorators and work with python2.3

Thu Jun 26 13:32:50 CDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Jarrod Millman <millman@berkeley.edu>
wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 10:37 AM, Charles R Harris
> <charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Decorators weren't introduced until Python2.4. I'm not sure what version
> we
> > require now, that information should probably be added to a DEPENDENCY
> file,
> > or maybe the README. Anyway, if we still support Python2.3 we can't use
> > decorators.
>
> Starting with NumPy 1.2 and SciPy 0.7 we will require Python 2.4 or
> greater.  I will make sure to update the documentation later today, if
> no one gets to it before me.

Maybe we should also add a version check that runs when numpy is imported so
as to avoid spurious error reports. I'm thinking of the latest reply to
ticket #821.

Chuck