[Numpy-discussion] numpy and roundoff(?)

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl@gmail....
Sat Mar 1 15:03:22 CST 2008

On 3/1/08, Pauli Virtanen <pav@iki.fi> wrote:
> A silly question: did you check directly that the pure-numpy code and
>  the F90 code give the same results for the Jacobian-vector product
>  J(z0) z for some randomly chosen vectors z0, z?

No, I did not do that. However, I've checked the output of of the
finite diferencing routines for random X input of 32*32 and alpha=6.8,
and the maximum difference is always  4.4408920985e-16. At first, this
seems good.

--
Lisandro Dalcín