[Numpy-discussion] numpy and roundoff(?)

Tue Mar 4 11:30:55 CST 2008

Lisandro Dalcin wrote:
> And yes, in
> my case the cummulative differences leaded to different iteration
> counts in a matrix-free Newton-Krylov method. Of course, the final
> answer was as as accurate as the tolerances for the nonlinear solver.

OK, so significant differences in iteration counts, but not in the final
answer -- that makes me feel better!

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker@noaa.gov