[Numpy-discussion] preparing to tag NumPy 1.0.5 on Wednesday

Wed Mar 5 23:44:48 CST 2008

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 10:08 PM, David Cournapeau <
cournapeau@cslab.kecl.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-03-05 at 21:10 -0700, Charles R Harris wrote:
> >

> > On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 6:26 PM, David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >         On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 2:21 AM, Jarrod Millman
> >         <millman@berkeley.edu> wrote:
> >         > Hello,
> >         >
> >         >  I would like to tag the 1.0.5 release on Wednesday night
> >         and announce
> >         >  the release by Monday (3/10).  If you have anything that
> >         you would
> >         >  like to get in before then, please do it now.  It would
> >         also be great
> >         >  if everyone could test the trunk.  If anyone finds a bug or
> >         regression
> >         >  that should delay the release, please send an email to the
> >         list ASAP.
> >         >

> >         bug #653 can be closed I think with the patch I posted (this
> >         reminds
> >         me I should look for a way to get patch information in trac).
> >
> > Ok, I applied the patch. Do you think it is sufficiently tested for
> > the upcoming realease or should I wait for Jarrod to tag the release
> > before committing the changes?
>
> It is not tested :) I just checked that it worked on my system. Since it
> is using python library, it should be more robust than the current code,
> but I am not really familiar with the usage of this code, so maybe the
> changes have unintended consequences.

Hmm. Well, it's in now. I have a 32 bit xeon at work and numpy fails one
test and warns on another, so that might be a related problem. I'll give
things a try and see what happens. I would think things should fail rather
spectacularly if the system was misidentified and that isn't the case
currently.

Chuck