[Numpy-discussion] Numpy/Cython Google Summer of Code project idea

Pierre GM pgmdevlist@gmail....
Thu Mar 6 12:29:03 CST 2008

On Thursday 06 March 2008 13:15:27 Fernando Perez wrote:
>  - Rewriting the existing ndarray subclasses that ship with numpy, such
>  as record arrays,  in cython.  In doing this, benchmarks of the
>  relative performance of the new code should be obtained.

Fernando,
I remember having huge difficulties trying to implement ndarray subclasses in
vanilla Pyrex, to the extent that I gave up that approach. Does it work
better in Cython (I haven't tried it yet) ?