[Numpy-discussion] bug in f2py on Mac 10.5 ?

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Thu Mar 6 14:33:38 CST 2008

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 10:47 AM, Charles Doutriaux <doutriaux1@llnl.gov> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  we're trying to install fortran extension with f2py, works great on
>  linux, mac 10.4 (gfortran and g77)
>  but on 10.5, it picks up g77 and then complains about cc_dynamic library.
>
>  Apparently this lib is not part os 10.5 (Xcode), is that a known
>  problem? Should we try with what's in trunk?

You cannot use g77 with gcc 4. You must use gfortran. You can ensure
that you are using gfortran instead of g77, use the --fcompiler=gnu95
flag.

  $ python setup.py config_fc --fcompiler=gnu95 build

or

  $ f2py -c --fcompiler=gnu95 ...

--
Robert Kern