[Numpy-discussion] Will f2py ever be used in numpy ?

David Cournapeau cournapeau@cslab.kecl.ntt.co...
Sun Mar 9 22:49:00 CDT 2008

Hi,

	I have some problems with the f2py tool for numscons, or more exactly,
some limitations related to thread handling in python means that I may
not be able to reliably use f2py as a python module in numscons in a
thread-safe manner. So I am thinking about using f2py from the
command-line, but for this to work, f2py needs to be installed. IOW, if
at some point, we want to use f2py for numpy (bootstrap), this won't
work. Is it something I should take into account, or not ?

	cheers,

	David