[Numpy-discussion] Transforming an array of numbers to an array of formatted strings

Alexander Michael lxander.m@gmail....
Thu Mar 13 14:30:09 CDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 3:07 PM, David Huard <david.huard@gmail.com> wrote:
> ['S%03d'%i for i in int_data]

Thanks for the suggestions! I wasn't sure if there was a magic numpy
method to do the loop quickly (as the destination array is created
beforehand) without creating a temporary Python list, but I guess not.
The generator/list-comprehension is likely better than my prototype.

Regards,
Alex