[Numpy-discussion] C++ class encapsulating ctypes-numpy array?

Joris De Ridder Joris.DeRidder@ster.kuleuven...
Wed Mar 19 09:58:35 CDT 2008

Hi,

I'm passing (possibly non-contiguous) numpy arrays (data + shape +
strides + ndim) with ctypes to my C++ function (with external "C" to
make ctypes happy). Has anyone made a C++ class derived from a ctypes-
numpy-array with an overloaded [] operator to allow easy indexing
(e.g. x[0][2][5] for a 3D array) so that you don't have to worry about
strides? I guess I'm not the first one thinking about this...

Cheers,
Joris