[Numpy-discussion] C++ class encapsulating ctypes-numpy array?

Joris De Ridder Joris.DeRidder@ster.kuleuven...
Thu Mar 20 09:28:03 CDT 2008

> You can use ctypes if and ony if the C++ object is only used in one
> function call. You can't for instance create a C++ container with
> ctypes, then in Python call some method and then delete the
> container, because ctypes will destroy the data after the C++
> container was built. This is the only drawback of ctypes.

I'm not sure I understand. Could you perhaps give a pointer for
additional info, or an example?

> When it comes to strides, you have to divide them by the size of
> your data : the stride is counted in bytes and not in short/float/...

Yep, I did this on the Python side. Thanks for the remark, though.

Cheers,
Joris