[Numpy-discussion] matrices in 1.1

Nadav Horesh nadavh@visionsense....
Fri Mar 21 14:00:25 CDT 2008

But asmatrix returns a matrix object and any subsequent operation of it returns a matrix. What I am thinking about is a convenient way to apply matrix operation on an array.

BTW, A matrix is just a rank 2 tensor, so matrix (tensor) algebra can be applied to an arbitrary rank tensor, for example APL's . operator.

   Nadav.