[Numpy-discussion] bug with with fill_values in masked arrays?

Pierre GM pgmdevlist@gmail....
Fri Mar 21 18:58:10 CDT 2008

On Friday 21 March 2008 12:52:45 Chris Withers wrote:
> Pierre GM wrote:
> >> This sucks to the point of feeling like a bug :-(
> >
> > It is not.
>
> Ignoring the fill value of masked array feels like a bug to me...

You're right with masked arrays, but here we're talking the masked singleton,
a special value.

> Where I cared was when trying to do a filled line plot in matplotlib and
> the nans, rather than being omitted, were being shown on the y-axis at
> 999999, totally wrecking the plot.

You're losing me there. Send a simple example/script so that I can have a
better idea of what you're trying to do.

> I'll buy your argument *iff* the masked arrays used the fill value from
> the parent ma.

What parent ma ?