[Numpy-discussion] SVD error in Numpy. NumPy Update reversed?

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Mon Mar 24 18:02:54 CDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 6:04 PM, Lou Pecora <lou_boog2000@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  --- Matthieu Brucher <matthieu.brucher@gmail.com>
>  wrote:
>

>  > It was added as a compile-time #define on the SVN
>  > some days ago ;)
>  >
>  > Matthieu
>
>  Thanks, Matthieu, that's a good step.  But when the
>  SVD function throws an exception is it clear that the
>  user can redefine niter and recompile?  Otherwise, the
>  fix remains well hidden.  Most user will be left
>  puzzled. I think a comment in the raise statement
>  would be good.  Just point to the solution or where
>  the user could find it.

That's a valid concern.  We could maybe pass down the iteration limit
as a keyword?

Lou, would you create a ticket for this as a feature enhancement, and refer to

http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/ticket/706

please?

Thank you.
Stéfan